About the Role
- Reports to the President, and coordinates with Operational Vice President
- Voting member of the Executive Committee, as such is responsible for taking part in budget reviews, philanthropic request reviews and other Executive Committee responsibilities as needed.
- Assumes the duties of the MSA Philanthropic Treasurer in his/her absence.
- Renews the MSA’s operational account banking privileges at the beginning of the fiscal year, to include updating bank signature cards, according to Article VI, section 2; signers may include the President, First Vice President, Second Vice President and Philanthropic Treasurer.
- Prepares annual operational budget and serves as Co-Chair with Philanthropic Treasurer for the Executive Committee’s summer budget meeting and, if necessary, a January revision meeting. An invitation to attend the budget meeting may also be extended to the Bazaar Chair, Thrift Shop Chair, and Advisors.
- Presents budgets to the general membership for a vote.
- Maintains incoming and outgoing e-mail within MSA Ops Treasurer Gmail account.
- Keeps all financial records for seven (7) years.
- Custodian of all operational monies and bank accounts.
- Receives and banks all monies pertaining to the operational budget.
- Reconciles the monthly bank statement and balances the books prior to Board meetings. Publicizes budget for Executive Committee and board members to review.
- Promptly pays all MSA bills, disburses available funds, and keeps accurate records of all disbursements and revenues.
- Performs an annual inventory with the Operational Vice President in the spring.
- Submits a monthly financial report to the Board for the operational account.
- Helps Parliamentarian submit a quarterly financial report to the 100th FSS Private Organization Monitor to include the balances in each account.
- Verifies and documents electronic funds transfer of monthly dues on bank statement.
- All books should be closed on or before June 15, coinciding with the Board year.
- Has the ability to be bonded.
Must be an MSA member in good standing.
Perform duties in accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws.
Attend Board meetings as a voting member. If unable to attend, notify the Secretary. If you have business that needs to be addressed in your absence, notify your reporting member (President, 1st Vice President or 2nd Vice President).
Support MSA fundraising to the best of your ability.