About the Role
- Reports to the President.
- Voting member of the Executive Committee, as such is responsible for taking part in budget reviews, philanthropic request reviews and other Executive Committee responsibilities as needed.
- Acts as an assistant to the President. The Second Vice President will perform the duties of the President or First Vice President in the event of a temporary absence. If the First Vice President is unable to succeed to the Presidency the Second Vice President will succeed.
- Coordinates with the President in selecting the Standing Appointed Officers.
- Coordinates between the President and the following Standing Appointed Officers:
- Operational Treasurer (if applicable)
- Outreach Coordinator
- If any chair positions are vacant, act as the interim chair.
- Assists the chairs through the year as needed.
- Maintains incoming and outgoing e-mail within MSA 2nd VP Gmail account.
- Coordinates with President and 100th FSS Club Manager, ensuring Middleton Hall is decorated and undecorated for the holidays.
- Writes letters of recommendation for all Standing Appointed Officers under the Second Vice President if required.
- Performs an annual inventory with the Operational Treasurer in the spring.
- Maintains a current inventory list. Provide copies to the President and First Vice Presidents, Board Advisor, Operational Treasurer and Events Chair. Keeps track of office/closet keys and coordinates with members for access.
- Enforces the MSA property regulations in accordance with the By-laws.
- Arranges for maintenance of property including ensuring funds are budgeted, if necessary.
Must be an MSA member in good standing.
Perform duties in accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws.
Attend Board meetings as a voting member. If unable to attend, notify the Secretary. If you have business that needs to be addressed in your absence, notify your reporting member (President, 1st Vice President or 2nd Vice President).
Support MSA fundraising to the best of your ability.